Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Questions for CS6

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis RadekeRe: Questions for CS6
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 12:17:46 pm

[Michael Hancock] "Does Premiere have Auto Patching in the timeline now? Example: If I have source V1 patched to Record V1, uncheck Record V1 and check Record V3 does V1 automatically patch to V3? If not, has anything changed in how Premiere patched video/audio tracks?"

No, and we know we need to address track targeting.

[Michael Hancock] "Can you use the keyboard to move selected clips to a higher or lower track?"

No, you can move clips left/right, but not up/down. We saw this pop up late in the beta cycle by a lot of FCP users. We took note, but it's not in CS6

[Michael Hancock] "Can you load a sequence into your source monitor and cut it into the timeline without it nesting - I'd prefer to have access to all video/audio tracks in the loaded sequence to repatch to the timeline."

This is an Avid feature and again, no - couldn't get to that one.

[Michael Hancock] "If I load a clip with 4 mono tracks in my source monitor but have all stereo tracks in my timeline, does Premiere show me that I have 4 mono tracks on the source side? Right now it doesn't show those tracks available for patching if I don't the proper audio tracks available for the clip."

With regards to audio, Premiere Pro will let you do just about anything you want with it. You could take your 4 audio clip and display it nearly any way you want: 4 mono, 2 stereo or 1 'adaptive' track that holds all 4 audio as a single track instance.

For source side viewing you need to switch to an audio display mode if you want to see the wave form. The master audio meter in CS6 has also been done and toggles automatically between the source/timeline/program views. So, if your clip in the source has 4 mono tracks then the audio meter will display 4 mono meters.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]