Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Questions for CS6

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: Questions for CS6
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 12:58:27 am

[Jim Giberti] "[TImothy Auld] "There is no such thing as superfast organization. It does not exist. Organization is work. Any one who tells you differently is well, let's just say, shading the truth.
"

Ain't that the truth.
"

Organization is also relative. While I agree that superfast organization is not fast, I would take the Pepsi challenge that organization has to be slow. It doesn't.

It also depends on what you mean by organization.

Yes, it might take planning, and it might start before the shoot, take know how, and the right equipment of course. But that minimal effort could reap benefits in post organization. It also takes proper post tools, and no current NLE has truly great ones when it comes to cam metadata, and in app metadata.

Fcpx has some really good ones like being able to rename and increment huge swaths of media at once, and then sort that through collections, or being able to choose groups and sort to a collection with a keystroke.

Fcp7 was pretty bad, PPro could use some help. Avid is also just ok.

I think that you say there's no fast organization because there's no common tools for it. Politicking aside, taking things for what they are, Fcpx is a step in the right direction in this regard as it actually treats tapeless media as the data it is and uses that strength, instead of a representation of a tangible piece of media captured from tape/film.

I do not believe I am shading the truth. I could prove it to you if we had some time in the same room.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]