Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple finally updating their online FCPX Pro marketing

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael GissingRe: Apple finally updating their online FCPX Pro marketing
by on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:28:19 am

Yes FCP7 is doing the finishing and no-one has asked me to post a job cut on FCPX so it is all a moot point. What is pertinent to this thread is that clearly facilities that already have finishing tools like Smoke & da Vinci can now start to use FCPX purely as an edit tool.

Like you I wanted a kick arsed edit finishing system in FCP 8. This sort of publicity seems to be mostly crowing about how FCPX can be part of a big broadcast setup but it is mostly because other third party developers plus da Vinci have made it possible. What was shown a year ago at NAB has only become useful in my area of the market in the past month. So if anyone was wondering why this sort of publicity is now being done, it is because Apple have made some strides but the limelight should be shared. I don't expect Apple publicity to do that so I am just noting and slightly venting. Pre NAB jitters if you like. I think Apple will need a lot more than the rest of the year to catch up with what is likely to be revealed at NAB. Hard to catch a bolting horse.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]