Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:52:08 pm

[Walter Soyka] "AV Foundation and FCPX have both been under simultaneous active development for years, and Apple must have had to decide which team would develop support for specific features (like broadcast monitoring). How could FCPX have ever shipped if those teams weren't working closely together?"

By the skin of their teeth, hence, "beta".

So do you think the ProApps team is driving AVFoundation?

No way. AVFoundation was built to make sure YouTube worked on the iPhone first, and they'll roll the rest of the "QT Replacement" aspects later, much later.

Otherwise there'd have been a maintenance release by now.

My guess is ProApps is waiting on the OS team, and they aren't necessarily coordinated in some sort of programming ballet.

[Walter Soyka] "They've kept it up for this long..."

When I said they cant keep this up, I meant having a program that is not just quirky, but kind of broken.

Since 10.0.3 especially, the crash and certainly the beachball posts have risen dramatically, and not just here, but everywhere. It wasnt like that in 10.0.2, it was just quirky, and you deal with quirks of you like something well enough. It's very hard to deal with broken.

They won't be able to maintain that for too much longer. Or if 10.0.4 performs even worse.....?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]