Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012 (long again!, sorry!)

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael HancockRe: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012 (long again!, sorry!)
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:31:45 am

[Bill Davis] "I freely acknowledge that large TV operations and post houses have had capabilities like this for a long time. At the cost of building out zillion dollar infrastructures and maintaining teams of engineers to keep it all running."

Bill, I was doing all of this by myself at a small ad agency with only a handful of hard drives, a Dell workstation and Media Composer - 5 years ago.

Any project I'd archived could be back online within minutes - often less than 30 seconds. It didn't take zillions of dollars or engineers. Just a basic understanding of harddrive based archiving and choosing an NLE that could manage media intelligently.

Regarding file delivery for approvals - I've been that about 7 years. It's wasn't a one-click straight to Vimeo or YouTube, but the clients wouldn't have agreed to that anyway. They wanted specific file types emailed to them or uploaded to their (or our) FTP.

I am curious, can you set up your own template to compress to a particular file type then immediately upload it to an FTP site? I've played with FCPX some but I haven't messed with the publish features. Are they customizable, and if so to what degree?

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]