Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012 (long again!, sorry!)

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill DavisRe: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012 (long again!, sorry!)
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 9:47:33 am

[Chris Harlan] "I've been doing that for years, as well. I don't get the hullabaloo, either."

Not out of FCP-legacy you didn't. Unless you spit out a standalone file, opened up an email app, used the finder to navigate to that file. attached it to the email , and sent it on it's way. then navigated back to FCP.

Now al that is in a simple menu directly inside the X interface. And along with email, you get a nice choice of other "publishing" options including easy access to YouTube and Vimeo - complete with the ability to tag your output with search terms for basic search engine optimization.

Since YouTube is now the second most visited "search" facility on the planet after Google - that small accommodation will likely help scores of people develop new content publishing approaches along with live website updating, visual cataloging and other interesting new capabilities as X matures.

Remember the entire video world is no longer limited to what's on TV and in the Movies.

Times are changing. And my explorations tell me that X was built for that kind of foreseeable future.

YMMV.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]