Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 6:49:28 pm

[Jim Giberti] "Right, but I don't think it's just me...why did 1.0.3 go the other way with performance?

I was becoming a big fan, warts and all, because of performance and features, but I'm convinced that they made a boo boo with the update."

So many beach balls for me as well. Notice his comments on using the Izotrope AU plugin. Obviously they made a change that impacted performance in ways they probably didn't vet throughly. I think this is part of the "hurry up" schedule they're on which seems to be at around 12 weeks for each release give or take.

I don't doubt Apple is acutely aware of the flaws in their QC process but they're also aware of what a slower rate of change would do. It's a risk benefit analysis I suspect they've made. I suspect they'll be bumps throughout the rest of this year as they try to push things out quickly. I suspect at some point they're going to do a reconnoiter and do a major issue focused release (like 10.0.2 was but more extensive) but it'll mean little movement in the feature set at that point. I think they're juggling a bit, much like the guy on the Ed Sullivan show with all the plates and some of the plates are falling. I do think they'll addresses them along the way.

I know we want everything and we want it now but their real world development is prioritizing things with their secret formula.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]