Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: At least FCPX knows how to count - Premiere apparently does not

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike MolendaRe: At least FCPX knows how to count - Premiere apparently does not
by on Mar 26, 2012 at 5:32:01 pm

I was using the free version (not the full version trial) downloaded from Rarevision's website (1.5.3b). Good to know they seem to have addressed the issue.

I was actually using 5DtoRGB to run some tests on my footage, comparing it to the source h.264 Quicktime and ProRes Quicktime generated by AME and the FCP E1 plugin. For what it's worth, I didn't think the negligible uptick in quality from 5DtoRGB justified the significantly longer transcode time. At least not for the work I do.

Still, it would be nice to have a reliable way in the Suite to generate TC (or at least add reel names) to footage like that shot by the Canon DSLRs. I'm sure you're not at liberty to say anything, but maybe this is what Prelude is for?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]