Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Photoshop CS6 Beta released, with magnetic timeline!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: Photoshop CS6 Beta released, with magnetic timeline!
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:23:07 am

[David Lawrence] "[Bill Davis] "Watch out David...

You've just described "magnetism" using the word "nice."

That could eventually come back to haunt you.

; )"

LOL, I have no problem with ripple Bill. I just like being able to turn it off during the 90% of the time I don't want or need it. ;)"

I'm just so confused here. Bill's doing hyperbolic handstands because he seems to believe that Adobe has cribbed Apple's wonder tool into Photoshop, but all I saw was a couple of clips being moved around on a single track/layer and Rippling when they were. I thought the Magnetic Timeline hoopla was all about attaching clips and bringing them along for a ride, attached audio and video moving out of your way, and the ability to drop relatively complex clusters of clips pretty much anywhere without the danger of clip collision. Sort of Ripple on steroids, animal tranquilizers, and dust from the pulverized planet of Gallifrey. All I saw in the Adobe spot was a bit of decade-old Ripple. Not that light NLE tools aren't a fine feature to add to Photoshop; I know there are times I've wished they were there. But, what is Bill on about? Am I missing something? Is there some slight of hand that I'm not attuned to in the video? I mean, I really can't see it.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]