Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX or Not...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon UbsdellRe: FCPX or Not...
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 7:37:47 pm

[David Lawrence] "LOL, well what's crazy is 8 months and two updates out they still haven't managed to provide basics like audio sync markers. What's up with that? The fact that something this elementary is missing to begin with says a lot about their audio design assumptions and priorities. They have a lot of work to do."

Yup. I'm afraid Schadenfreude is not an attractive behaviour pattern but I can't help being amused at seeing the peerless Apple showing itself to be completely imbecilic over this whole product.

They've swum way out of their depth and they don't really have a clue how to get back to shore. It shouldn't be funny - but it is.

They obviously massively miscalculated how long it would take to get it into any decent kind of shape, then they panicked and just threw it out there anyway. And funniest of all is that they're just carrying right on throwing out stuff that is way from ready, from multicam to broadcast monitoring to PSD support, to 10.0.3 itself which is clearly more dysnfunctional than anything we've seen so far.

I'm sorry but to me they just look sillier and sillier as time goes by - and I'm loving it.

And I think it is a hugely valuable lesson to us all. No business, however mighty, is infallible. Empires rise. They also fall.

If I have a reason for sticking around and watching, it's because there's nothing quite as satisfying as a good come-uppance.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]