Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparison

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparison
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 1:52:30 am

[dermot shane] "Walter... i use DNx wrapped Qt's at all sorts of raster sizes, no probs when using an Avid DS, so it may be the implementation in PP that's the issue? The codec does not care what you feed it when used in DS."

Thanks for the response, Dermot.

How do you deliver custom-raster DNxHD? I just rendered some 3240x1080 media out of AE and PrP in QT-wrapped DNxHD. It reimports beautifully in the Adobe apps at the correct size and AR, but if I open it in QuickTime Player (and presumably other QuickTime-based apps), it opens at 1920x1080. Telestream Episode thought the file was 1920x1080, and MediaInfo Mac reports VC-3 at 1920x1080.

Off-topic aside: I'm a DS-L lurker, and Sylvain got me very curious to see what NAB brings.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter