Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX or Not...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard HerdRe: FCPX or Not...
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:12:31 pm

[Andy Field] "the rest of us have work to accomplish with tools that do what we need."

I'd add one more to your list: ...with tools that do what we need "and that we know how to use." That's a major problem, having to relearn what you already know how to do. The precision editor does a fine job of matching eyelines, btw.

http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.0.3/#ver3363b235 granted apple's thumbnail sample image is silly. It should be either matching singles or CU to MS.

But wait, there's more silliness: they might not use the word "tracks," and they are all big on this being a "trackless" system, but (shhh don't tell anyone) they actually use tracks. Right click the audio: Make it the primary and wallah it behaves like a track, but you just can't call it a track. Jim had a clever way to work that I've incorporated: you connect the audio to a piece of slug (dang!) I mean "gap clip." And the audio track (dang!) I mean "primary audio only media" is a non-moveable tra--. There I caught myself. It's...it's...it's... I'm at a loss for nomenclature, here.

The only update I'm waiting for is to color code "roles." In other words, I want all my dialogue to be Blue and my score to be Red. All is currently green.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]