Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Thoughts on why FCP X is here to stay and the Mac Pro isn't.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: Thoughts on why FCP X is here to stay and the Mac Pro isn't.
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 1:53:23 pm

[Paul Jay] "Im tired of the Apple isnt for Pro whining by professional whiners."

[Craig Seeman] "As am I. If Apple isn't in a given niche, somehow all the other professional uses don't count..."

I believe that Apple's recent behavior in the professional space has been poor [link], and I do fear that they have lost their commitment to professional markets. I think that for a while, Apple used to supply products built for professional use, but now they supply products that professionals can use -- and I think that's a subtle but important difference.

However, since you gentlemen maintain that Apple is actively building for professionals, please indulge me in a thought experiment:

If you didn't already have Apple hardware and FCP7, would you really be buying iMacs and FCPX for all your professional work today?

Would you say that Apple's March 2012 post-production offering has more or fewer significant gaps than Apple's March 2011 (or better yet, Apple's March 2010) post-production offering?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter