Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparison

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David CherniackRe: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparison
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 3:59:37 pm

[Tapio Haaja] "I really hope Adobe some day releases their own high quality cross platform DI codec. In the meantime I hope they've licensed Prores from Apple for CS6 so they can build native support for it and bypass old Quicktime. I think licensing for Mac Premiere shouldn't be an issue because Avid already introduced native Prores support in MC6 for Mac.

Another thing is I/O performance and stability. At the moment performance and stability with AJA, Blackmagic and Matrox is very poor."

Tapio, AFAIK Apple has licensed prores encoding only to acquisition hardware companies (cameras, recorders etc). Both Premiere and Avid can read & edit prores files (Win and Mac) but only Mac versions of both can encode if they have FCP or Motion installed on their system.

In my experience stability in PrPro with third party hardware is solid. Problems with stability and performance are usually system configuration issues. Some complain, for instance, that they can only play a single stream of prores HQ. Others with the same hardware get 3 or 4. Personally I tend to avoid all QT variants like the plague because they're 32bit and because Quicktime on Windows really is as painfully buggy as black flies in July.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]