Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: What if there actually IS a new Mac Pro?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: What if there actually IS a new Mac Pro?
by on Mar 14, 2012 at 7:56:29 pm

[Herb Sevush] "Second and more importantly the current editors who love and use X for their paying jobs, people like Tony West and Bill Davis, don't use a Mac Pro. Half of their argument for the wonderfulness of X is how well it performs on a MBP. I think X will have a larger market on the Ipad than it will ever have on a Mac Pro. Most of the market for workstations have been driven from the Apple camp like they were vermin. It's been 8 months now and poor Jeremy, your Mac Pro demographic incarnate, who loves the entire X concept, is sounding more and more despondent because of how unstable X is. He's being driven, unwillingly, into the arms of Adobe. "

Maybe Premiere, but not Adobe. After Effects is the video application that is the current longevity winner in my content creation career. It has been the constant through all the NLE's.

So Adobe and I go, like, way back man.

Am I sounding despondent? What a bummer I must be! ;)

I've said all along that the one thing that would drive me away from FCPX is the absence of reliability.

So far, it has yet to prove reliability in my little corner of the world, that is not to say that I don't like it.

The reason people are liking MBPs and iMacs is that in some cases the performance is actually better due to a more efficient architecture. Of course, a proper desktop refresh will then surpass the newer portable/iMac offerings.

If Apple came out with a new MacPro, would we buy some? Yes. Right away? Maybe not, but eventually, for sure, yes. ATTO seems like they might have some interesting Thunderbolt offerings as well.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]