Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: What if there actually IS a new Mac Pro?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard HerdRe: What if there actually IS a new Mac Pro?
by on Mar 14, 2012 at 5:10:38 pm

[Tim Wilson] "No disrespect to FCP or you intended, but I think it's possible to overstate FCP as the *only* golden city on top of a high hill."

None taken. To be sure, I'm not overstating FCP's brand position. It is coming from some low-level self-appointed literati who want to make a film or documentary. And these are snobby knowitalls who think "if that cretin can do it, so can I." We tell the literati: to do THAT you need $10k and Avid. Can't do that, yet they can drop $299 on the MBP, the same machine running Final Draft!

[Tim Wilson] "I have my long list of advice for Apple just like anybody else, but based on the results, it looks to me that the product placement vs. "made with Final Cut Pro" strategy is the right one."

Yep. And this is what they see. Who sits through the credits, anyway, to see the logo bugs at the end?

[Tim Wilson] "I think your goodwill accounting argument is a valid one, though."

Who is going to buy the moniker, "Final Cut Pro"? That would cost a lot of money. Apple is fully aware of how much that name means. How many of us dropped $299 on it?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]