Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Why Apple should let HP build its workstations

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Frank GothmannRe: Why Apple should let HP build its workstations
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:32:27 am

I also don't think Apple will ever licence its OS again. It's just not in their DNA plus they'd have to modify OSX to really use all features of a z800.
There are guides out there of people who have turned a z800 into a hackintosh but some features don't work (they also don't work on a MacPro with Bootcamp).
I had a Umax clone back in the days, it was a much better machine than Apple's own offerings. They wouldn't want to repeat that negative perception again.

I guess I am different from the rest here because, frankly, don't care too much anymore about what Apple does and doesn't do. Windows works more than just fine for me, it's rock solid on the HPs, all the apps are there and running at their full potential so I wouldn't even install it if X was an option for the HPs. Actually I have less fuss with the HPs than with my MacPros, and that's on a machine with 2 video io cards, Raid card, 10GB Ethernet nic, different NLEs and a trial for Edius plus lots of other utilities, drivers, apps installed and hardware connected.
So, If Apple is in the post pc era I happily pursue my post Apple era.

Windows 8 doesn't bother me. Metro on a Desktop machine is stupid and I'd rather not have it but it's one click on a tile and I am on the windows desktop as it used to be. Under the hood, there a are things that I actually like and welcome very much (new ribbon functionality in the explorer, new modern file system) plus early reports indicate no compatibility issues with apps and hardware that works with Win7. Plus I can always just continue using Win7 for years to come as I am not shut out by a hardware vendor to just use a specific OS version.

Avid/Adobe on Linux - unfortunately I can't see that happening. Too much that would need to be tweaked to bring functionality on par with the other OSes, Apple would have to port Quicktime to Linux (and Quicktime is dead) etc. etc.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]