Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Oscar irony

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: Oscar irony
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:10:08 pm

[Bill Davis] "And as someone who's edited as much in Marriott rooms as in my fixed studio these past few months, I'm thinking that this is a reflection of new realities that I've got to get a handle on""

[Chris Harlan] "Bill, you keep going back to this like it is somehow new. I've been doing the same thing for five or six years. This weekend I had to work, but I also need a breather, so I got a room up in San Simeon, brought my laptop with a Glyph drive, a tablet, and a good pair of Beyerdynamics, and worked on both Avid and 7 with my feet up, while gazing occasionally out at the Pacific. I've been doing stuff like that for years. And, I'm sure happy about it. I just don't see it as particularly new."

Media for custom display systems is the bulk of my business, and that often means travel, too. I'm currently sitting in the back of a conventional hall in California, rendering animations for a mix of double-wide HD video playback systems and single-channel, multi-layer media servers.

I have my laptop with me, but it's just not the best tool for this job -- so I rented a fire-breathing workstation with a 30" monitor from a local vendor.

For those keeping score, the rental was delivered to the convention center by truck, not sports car.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter