Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: 'send to motion' in fxp x

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: 'send to motion' in fxp x
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:59:40 am

[Walter Soyka] "Look in your Macintosh HD > Library > QuickTime folder, and you'll see a file called Motion.component. This component allows the system to present Motion files as QuickTime-accessible media, which were rendered on-the-fly (and under-the-hood) by the Motion rendering engine. Any QuickTime-aware application could "import" .MOTN files this way"

That component did the work, then. I have an MXF component that does virtually the same thing for FCP7. It worked with Quicktime and basically married all of the disparate P2 information through XML, but presented the information to FCP via Quicktime.

So while it is certainly a function of Quicktime, the instructions that the component carries out are probably via some sort of language. In that link you sent, it said it gave him a flattened file, which means that the component is running a translation, it isn't simply saying motion is a codec.

And then going FROM FCPX to Motion is different again, as things need to be timed and layered and sorted which seems to indicate some sort of language that's being used. I don't know, it's speculation on my part, but QT components aren't available in FCPX as there's no QT API like there used to be.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]