Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Is the name clouding our judgement?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

dermot shaneRe: Is the name clouding our judgement?
by on Feb 11, 2012 at 3:17:45 pm

Good point.... the entire roll out was OTT, and not in a good way - the name iMoviePro has really stuck, even with agency creative directors who would be a perfect target market will not be caught dead with it - it's just so vastly uncool a thing to admit to haveing installed.

Given Steve Bayes background and the pre-release hype - i was thinking it might give DS & Smack a run for their money. The glowing quotes from TrailerPark is a prime example of this...
But the lost source code for Shake & Color did not re-appear, and with that loss, goes the hopes for a powerhouse FCX, and yea the OTT hype and FCX name are not helping much.

Oh well

They got my $300... and it's been worth the minimal cost - if only to be able to tell my clients to stay far away for now with - some real world iMoviePro chops in my back pocket as proof.

As a side note, every single client of mine who were on FC7 last year are now on PP or MC, maybe 30-40% of the projects i finished last year were cut on FC7, it's now zero, and looking ahead no projects i'm finishing up to the end of the year are on either FC7 or iMoviePro

Will wait and see what 2013 brings

Dermot

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]