Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Remaining enhancements

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: Remaining enhancements
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:33:42 am

[Oliver Peters] "Hypothetically, if Boris came up with their own Xto7 or 7toX transfer tool, the resulting translations might look completely different from those of IA."

But isn't this true when going from any track <-> trackless (or layer) based system?

My fcp timelines look way different in AE. I know, completely different apps and uses, but same idea.

Fcpx's timeline is unique, so the resulting translations might be unique as long as the stacking/layer order is correct, to honor correct playback/composite/nest/whatever.

Again this type of thing doesn't bother me as I frequently use the duck to AE and the timelines are different, but my intent is still there in the two different environments (minus audio of course, so it's not a direct comparison).

In pro tools, audio engineers frequently rearrange what I've done in fcp, but they understand my intent.

I haven't tested everything, but my what I've sent 7toX so far, all of the intent is there, even if it looks different from my fcp7 timeline. As long as there are no glaring omissions (travel mattes/plug ins/things that simply don't translate like some audio weirdness due to X's weird audio handling), the timelines playback the same from both NLEs. And if they don't, there's a bit of clean up to do, but nothing horrendous when considering this was thought to be impossible on January 30.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]