Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Remaining enhancements

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Remaining enhancements
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:09:12 pm

[Andy Neil] "I suspect any "second" monitor like the angle viewer will be only for specialized tasks and not as a basic clip viewer."

Given what they did with the Angle Viewer, I don't think it would be too far fetched to see a "Gang" feature since that's needed and I can't see another way around that.

I think what will also happen is better contextual use of the 2-up view.
For example, currently trimming by mouse calls the two up but if you trim by keyboard, no 2-up. That should change (one hopes). BTW FCP7 behaved that way as well but it was less critical because you had Viewer, Canvas.

I don't think Apple has much motive, given the GUI philosophy, to have an alway on Viewer Canvas. I do thing Gang and Contextual 2-up are viable though.

One way to look at it:
1) the need to see two things in motion such as Angle in Multicam and Gang.
2) the need to compare a changing point to a stationary point in time.

Apple's bifurcating the function that was always on Viewer Canvas for more contextual purpose.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]