Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard HerdRe: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:26:52 pm

[Bill Davis] "I now find that scrolling through pages and pages of clip icons is something I only want to do during times I select for creative exploration. For most edit purposes, where I already know what clip I need, keyword search was is so very much faster and more powerful that "clip scrolling" becomes a chore rather than something enjoyable."

Seconded.

In legacy FCP I used a lot of markers. The keywords are better markers, IMO. Instead of marking a single frame, I mark (keyword reallY) a range.

The real problem I'm having is trying to keep the keywords regularized. I still don't have a nomenclature system yet.

Any good advice would be welcome, of course.

For example, I'm cutting a film, the writer/director's first attempt. My first pass at keywords was with the script and I'd label them as Scene 1. Then selected scene 1 and all the scene 1 coverage shows up. Keyword again for WS, MS, CU etc. Then I keyworded the coverage for favorites.

It seemed to work okay. Generally speaking I screened each scene twice and had a decent assemble of each scene based on the following hierarchy search: Scene 1/Favorites. My favorite WS, MS, CU etc were the only pieces of footage taking up screen real estate when it was time to blade it.

One more cool thing! You can double click each edit point and dial in the precision.

The actual cutting process of X is pretty cool.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]