Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:11:59 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Shane Ross] "Of course not. What makes you think I do? I don't recall saying anything of the sort."

I think it as something like, "what does apple care about pros"?"

Other computer makers make towers. HP Z800 for example. PC towers aren't going away.

[Jeremy Garchow] "The AJA ioXT has loop through"

Ahh....missed that. Good device!

[Jeremy Garchow] "I have and do edit on a 17" MacBook pro when on the road."

So have I. 17" is a lot more than 13". And I have edited on a 13" machine too. Not fun.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Desktop processors aren't ready. I'm sure we will see one when they are."

They aren't? Then what are all the HPs and Dells and other Windows Desktops running?

[Jeremy Garchow] "If you need a 24 sizzle core beast for your VFX work, have at it. Plenty of manufacturers make them, but for editorial and color? Maybe not."

WE all need to render at some point. Not every effect is full quality/real time. And shortened render times are good things. Export times too...encoding to H.264, Broadcast MPEG-2, WMV. Processor power is a GOOD thing for the many tasks we in basic editorial still need to do.

[Jeremy Garchow] "What do I care if it's an iMac, an Air, or a desktop? My clients don't call and say, was this edited on a desktop?"

Client perception is huge. And you aren't always alone with your own devices. Many times you have clients in the room, and if they see a small laptop, or iMac, they will wonder, "is this guy really a professional?" I hate that perception...but many clients, AGENCIES mainly, have that perception.

Anyways...I'd love a kick ass laptop, but I need big dual screens for my work. I have a LOT of footage to sort through and need the screen space.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]