Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael GissingRe: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:47:37 pm

Long format shows for me are 90-120 minute feature docos down to 52 minute broadcast docos. Half hour fishing shows are not exactly long form from my perspective but I am happy to accept many think that they qualify.

I haven't seen the show so don't know how complex the edit or post finishing might be but obviously being able to finish both picture and sound within FCPX is applicable for their workflow. There is a whole range within broadcast and I fully expect this sort of show to be a good candidate for an FCPX workflow. Well lit outdoors sport shows probably don't require complex grading or critical monitoring so again a reasonable fit. However most of the broadcast shows that I grade and mix benefit from using dedicated sound post tools and grading on da Vinci or Color. The speed and accuracy that my clients demand could not be done within any single editing software app.

All this article really says is that FCPX is as good or better than using FCP7 as an editing and finishing tool for this particular show. I don't think we should infer that it means anything beyond that for the majority of broadcast work.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]