Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew CeliaRe: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast
by on Jan 8, 2012 at 12:38:52 am

Walter, my comments weren't directed at you, but were at the several posts after yours that seemed to miss the point about his workflow being good for broadcast work. I know your posts about color, but some people seem to think that without this gear or that feature they can't deliver broadcast output no matter what and the exciting thing about this article to me was proof that you indeed can.

Agree that accurate color is incredibly important. But also have gotten into a fair number of discussions where I feel people pixel push a little too much and spend so much time and money trying to eek out the most accurate system ever. Well, IMO it's never worth it. Look at the audio industry. Everyone there was pimping out their systems with 24bit/96k systems when the 99% of people were listening to heavily compressed MP3 files traded on Napster. We all know where that went. Now people are recording amazing sounding albums in their living room off a Macbook Pro and Protools M-Box. This gets philosophical, but I don't think the video industry is that far behind... I mean look at what's being produced and sold to studios.

But back to the point, agree that clarifying his process would be a benefit to us all. Small houses like mine send out for all tape stuff and while I always feel like we pay up the nose for it, it's still cheaper than the investment in the gear itself (which I feel like is on its way out any way).

----------------
FCP Guru
http://www.fcpguru.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]