Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Bunim/Murray chooses Avid

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: Bunim/Murray chooses Avid
by on Jan 7, 2012 at 6:13:47 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "[Chris Harlan] "What would be an interesting wrench for me is if Adobe can convince a few major boutiques to throw in with Premiere because of their deep involvement with After Effects. I would be happy to see some competition remain here-abouts."

I think we already have. We just don't advertise every place that does. Granted though, I think we have room to grow. Anecdotal story for you is that the AE product manager is going to boutiques as you would expect and many times the first thing they want to talk about is Premiere Pro. "

[Dennis Radeke] "[Chris Harlan] "I think if Adobe were aggressive"

I don't see how we can get any more aggressive than we already are - do you disagree? "

Dennis, I would love to see Premiere making serious penetration here in LA. I think it would be great for the promo world, and I think you'll find many preditors who would agree. But, it took years for FCP to establish its sizable minority in LA (and who knows, maybe majority in the promo world). Avid is now a lot more accessible, and the word I'm getting from everyone I talk to is that's where they are headed. I've never heard anyone say "Premiere" in the small talk in bays and machine rooms over the last five months. I would certainly like to, as I've mentioned.

As far as "aggressive," I have no idea what you guys are doing behind the scenes, so maybe you are being so, and I just don't know. But "aggressive" to me would be for Adobe to approach a larger house or studio in either New York or LA--say, Trailer Park--and make them an economic offer they can't refuse. Once somebody of their size is in place, and freelance hands are moving in and out of there, the conversation in the machine rooms and bays will change. Short of that though, I don't think it will. Of course, most of us already own Premiere any way.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]