Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:17:37 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I can't tell if he's crediting the software for the improvement or not, and I can't figure out whether he believes FCPX enables "better quality" work than FCP7 or not."

I can't help but think the article was overly edited so we have to infer things. I think the gist is that FCPX hasn't had a negative impact on quality. There's no qualitative downside to FCPX. That's probably why he goes into Rec709 and color calibration as well as color grading because that would certainly be a quality issue.

[Walter Soyka] "There's a lot of misinformation about color in that article. Simply selecting a Rec. 709 profile for your monitor will not make it accurate. Accurate color via ColorSync absolutely requires an accurately profiled monitor. It is not optional."

I was under the impression he was talking about profiling but, yes, I can see where he might be saying either/or. Again it seems the article is overly edited and I think the interviewer/writer should have clarified this point. I thought the "wrong/correct" example might have been related to the difference between using a Rec 709 profile vs actual profiling.

[Walter Soyka] "Also, feeding "blue-only" monochrome color bars via RGB to a monitor that has no proper controls anyway will neither help you guarantee accurate color nor even roughly line the monitor up."

Another fuzzy part of the article. I don't see a blue only feature in FCPX (can I really not find it?). Since he makes mention of both Lion and FCPX perhaps he's beta testing the next FCPX release and slipped something out.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]