Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Bunim/Murray chooses Avid

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris ConleeRe: Bunim/Murray chooses Avid
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 3:23:13 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "I was hopeful for MC6 but again a total dud - Avid did nothing to improve audio performance and track count and I hate cutting in it."

As somebody else mentioned, I think this is a bit of a stretch. Of course the last section of your statement is the total truth -- you simply don't like to use it, and that's subjective, and totally legit.

But Avid is the king of long-form narrative and shared workflows for a reason: it'll deal with tonnage of footage from now until the cows (no pun intended) come home without so much as a hiccup, and share it all quite happily amongst dozens of users and round-trip audio and video with all manner of vendors and artists, etc. Far from being a "dud," I'd say.

Personally, I LOVE the interface and find it to be completely transparent and it gets out of my way. It's based on a film cutting paradigm, and I find that very intuitive. I recognize others don't. Yes, I wish they're remove the stupid 16 playable audio track limit. I don't run into that wall too often, but when I do, it IS frustrating.

Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]