Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 1:38:18 am

[Bill Davis] "It's popular to think it's aimed at the iMovie crowd, but if you'd have spent any serious time with it, you'd know how silly that sounds. "

Odd...seeing the two very recent posts saying how useful FCX was in furthering projects started in iMovie. It is for the crowd that wants just a little bit more than iMovie allows.

*snicker*

Seriously...to have it "import from iMovie," and be so close to how iMovie looks and feels...I hardly see how that statement is "silly." It was made by the guy who made the most recent version of iMovie. So it was made by the guy who makes stuff for the iMovie crowd...and it even acts like iMovie.

[Bill Davis] "iMovie folks do not need a complex database in their NLE. They don't need 32 bit floating point math accuracy. They don't need or want clip collections, I/O paths to Motion or XML interchange."

Some do. A lot do. I have seen many many people move to FCP from iMovie because they want more than iMovie can provide...and then are lost because FCP doesn't act like iMovie. Well, now it does! WIN!

*snicker*

Yes, I am trolling now. I'll be honest.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter