Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James DaughertyRe: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.
by on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:17:29 pm

The editing software that works best is the one you know best. I used FCP for years. I have moved on. I am now using Adobe Premier Pro.

I would like to say that I wasted my time learning FCP7. Every plugin, script and trick. Apple took everything I learned and made it worthless with the release of FCPX. I will not fall for that again. Years and years of learning and work gone, useless.

Do you trust Apple? Will they change everything again? Will they make it better or just make it different? I made the mistake of taking over the San Diego Final Cut Pro User Group the month FCPX came out. Most of the group doesn't even use FCPX. I may change the name of the group so we don't have to advertise FCPX. UCSD where we hold our meetings stopped teaching FCP7 and won't be teaching FCPX. UCSD now only has classes on AVID and Adobe. It over, FCPX is a looser.. You can wait for FCPXI but I won't.

There are lots of people on Creative Cow that make lots of money selling stuff for FCPX and I wish them good luck, their going to need it.

I would just like to make Apple feel the way I feel about their betrayal. I have some ideas. Maybe a t-shirt for NAB... developing.

James Daugherty
President SDFCPUG.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]