Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill DavisRe: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 5:34:34 pm

[Chris Harlan] "There aren't that many Corps. that get away with "you're holding it wrong," and have the faithful respond with, "oh, pardon me.""

Why does this make me laugh thinking of the slick music video I saw where the star rapper was singing into the END of a Neumann U87.

(for the music gear unfamiliar, the U87 is a very expensive German side-address mic. So singing into the end of it is the precise musical equivalent of "you're holding it wrong.")

Also, since the whole, "you're holing it wrong" meme was born from the iPhone 4 antenna field tests - it I guess it makes people feel superior to riff on that - but if the way you hold something actually tests out to diminish it's function (and for those who don't recall, it was the crazy Apple fanboy crew at Consumer Reports who withheld their recommendation because of it (IIRC) and brought the whole stink to light — shouldn't that be relevant? Most of us who owned iPhones at that time, just yawned, bought a case so we didn't inadvertently short the tiny antenna gap on the frame - whether or not it was a "real" issue - and got back to life.

That the overall phone design delighted legions and it sold zillions was trivial, I guess, in the face of the superior thinking of the haters.

I can personally attest that there's nothing quite so annoying as stumbling over actual facts along the path to one's smugness.

FWIW.

; )

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]