Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 5:34:26 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "THEY need to change...not us."

I wish it were that easy. For some reason, I just don't see things going back to the way they once were."

Then they will get crap from us. If they don't give us time, they get crap. They want better, they need to give us time. If they want to throw 80 hours of every format under the sun at us and expect a polished rough cut (meaning full audio pass) in a week, there is something wrong with them. And if they keep pushing, I won't work for them. I work for people who are realistic, and won't push me, the editor, to working 12 hour days and weekends. Sorry, I like my family.

And really...this "budgets getting smaller" thing is getting out of hand. They aren't getting THAT much smaller. Companies just have a lot of overhead...the producers don't want to take pay cuts even though they are hiring editors for less and less. And more often they are pouring most of the budget into production (Shoot RED! Shoot ALEXA! Get a huge grip truck!) leaving post with peanuts...so we are asked to do the same value in less time.

And if they do that...those many formats...I'll use Premiere Pro. Because it handles them, and still works like a professional editing app. The basics of making an edit are there.

And just because FCX is faster, doesn't mean that it is the right tool. It still cannot do a lot of what I need done. Yeah yeah...wait until the next major version. Whatever. The editing paradigm in employs doesn't work for me. They broke something that worked.

If they keep pushing for faster, they are going to just keep getting "good enough" or crap. And I am not going there.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]