Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The FCPX Sweet Spot?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tony westRe: The FCPX Sweet Spot?
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 2:45:32 pm

[Steve Connor] "Also I am using Snow Leopard, I firmly believe that FCPX has more problems under Lion than SL
"

I really think this is the key.

I recently went over to a friend's house to show him and his son some short cuts for X on their new 27inch imac.

I could tell right off the bat that X was very buggy on their system with lion. I have been working on X since it came out on my 8 core mac pro with SL and have not really had any crashes since the first and second updates.

The only annoying problem I have is the skimmer goes away after a while. My work around is to hit the project folder icon to open the projects and then reopen the project that I'm working on.

That works every time (but a pain).

For folks that don't like the skimmer they might not catch this and I think it leads to save problems if that skimmer stops working. It's kind of a tipoff.

I turned off background rendering on their lion right off the bat and explained to them why, but even having that off I saw a couple of beach balls.

X runs crappy on Lion. I saw that first hand. Runs smoother on SL and I think that has a lot to do with why so many people have different views on the performance of the program.

If I had only seen this thing run on Lion I might have tossed it in the the trash myself.

The funny thing is I have not switched to lion under protest of the new look.
I know it sounds petty but I HATE the new grayed out folders.

I hated when they did it in itunes and now they have gone even farther with it.

The colors help me find the icons faster at a glance.

I refuse to use lion until they give me an option to change the icons and now, until it runs X better.

Get it together Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]