Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX Trumps Avid

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: FCPX Trumps Avid
by on Dec 17, 2011 at 6:53:47 am

[Bill Davis] "Which merely means that if the wide world of editing best reflects the needs of LA promo editors that you hang with - it will have rough going."

Bill, it is not about who I personally "hang with." Believe me, it is as discussed in this town as much as it is in this forum, because here it is an industrial matter and important to many people's livelihoods. There is no room for pie-in-the-sky-well-hey-maybe-someday.

[Bill Davis] "If, on the other hand, the wider world of video editing better reflects needs that are NOT always aligned with the specific needs of LA promo editors - then it may well do just fine."

As usual for you, you take something completely out of context and turn it into something that is not--with, I might add, your own brand of condescending snottiness. I know of no one, among the posters on this site, who so regularly twists and distorts what others say. If you actually bother to look back, you will see that Oliver was making a comment about advertising agencies, and I was simply reporting back about my local experience. You turned it into something else. Why? Got me. FWIW, the FCPX dismay extends, here in LA, well beyond the world of promo preditors to include pretty much the entire entertainment industry.

[Bill Davis] "And if it continues to grow and develop (and it's direct app sale model and the economic strength of Apple give it a superb chance of doing so) then people may change their tune over it's initial years, just as they did with V1 starting back in 1999.)"

This old chestnut needs to be retired. In 1999 NLE was relatively new. v1 had an excuse. A dozen years later, vX does not.

[Bill Davis] "Sooner or later we'll know who had a clearer view of what it takes for an editing software package at the dawn of 2012 to do well in the marketplace."

I don't CARE how FCP X does in the market place. I only care how I do in the market place. If FCP X can ever help me with that, I'll be on board as soon as it does.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]