Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX Trumps Avid

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marvin HoldmanRe: FCPX Trumps Avid
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 10:34:11 pm

Jason Jenkins - "I have no idea what the Avid guy charges, but I don't think $150/hr is racing to the bottom. In fact, I've worked long and hard to get up to that."

Very happy to hear that, was afraid you were going to say you were charging something like $25/hr. Stick to your rates, this is hard work and as you know it cost more than money, it cost time! At that rate you can afford the time it takes to do this. I've had clients who have had sticker shock over rates before. So much so, they decided to try it themselves. What they found was, they weren't necessarily paying me for the time I spent working on their project, they were paying me for all the time I've spent learning the craft. They could pay me for an hour at $150, or they could spend 6 hours of their own time figuring out what experience has already taught me. In the end, they're not buying my time, they're buying my experience.

Kudos to getting a good rate!

Jason Jenkins - "I agree, but I couldn't resist posting my story with an inflammatory subject line! :)"

Kinda like wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt to a Republican debate?

Marvin Holdman
Production Manager
Tourist Network
8317 Front Beach Rd, Suite 23
Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread: