Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Working Over the weekend... NOW: Back to Mac Pro speculation

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas GallagherRe: Working Over the weekend... NOW: Back to Mac Pro speculation
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:29:22 pm

ah would you come on please.

Ok - so the "editing country club set" "privileged sons and daughters" was meant in some earnestness then?

I'll tell you what I know - editing is not versailles Bill, it is not the n'obless oblige sons of privilege wafting into positions of editing power -

editing is one of the most blanket competitive things I know. When I walk into a new shop I am extremely nervy and minded to perform well, because Bill, editing is, in essence, in its performance, not who you know, or a glad handshake, or drinks at the bar - it can be all those things, but what it is Bill is a raw expression of skill, performance under pressure and communication skills. You could be the son of the king of france, but if you cannot perform on the day - you are toast.

Was Thelma Schoonmaker the daughter of editing royalty? or anyone? She couldn't get union accreditation for years. A mate of mine assisted her in Dublin prepping for a talk she was giving - she was lovely Bill. She was just devoted to her craft. This notion that professionally functional software and the people using it to the best of their extent being a cabal is .. laughable.

its just laughable, and insulting to the basic notion of advancement in what is an utterly meritocratic craft. If you edit like no one else on earth, you will bloody well advance.

this stuff is no good Bill, particularly when allied to a false argument that a buggy expansion of iMovie is an answer to all the world's ills.

Because it is a few hundred dollars cheaper than FCP studio - that with half the software to answer professional scenarios gone?

Apart from anything else, besides the above - this is not particularly good software full stop, its undercooked, buggy, and frankly, to my eye, it is directly designed out of a consumer product with deliberation for the monetisation of that market.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]