Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Working Over the weekend...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Frank GothmannRe: Working Over the weekend...
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:19:22 pm

[Bill Davis] "But is that a strategy, or merely an artifact of the fact that they're keeping their eye on the game of development, rather than wasting too time explaining themselves. "

Well, again, to each his own opinion. I think it is just bad, bad software and an arrogant attitude by the company behind it.

[Bill Davis] "I actually don't think so in a lot of cases. In some ways I think it's like an individual trying to be both a guitar and a banjo player. You can become "competent" at both. But to really excel, I think most musicians typically concentrate on one instrument. There are exceptions, and I suppose it's a bit based on whether you want to see the editor as a "technician" (operating a variety of tools) or an "artist" (attempting to achieve absolute mastery of one). Both views are rational. Pick one, I guess."

Sorry, but this is getting a bit out of hand. We are talking about a piece of software, nothing magical here, compiled by nordic, blonde virgins in the first full-moon night after an eclipse to turn it into anything other than a plain and simple software tool to get work done.
I am not aware of a single, serious posts house that doesn't run cross platform in one way or the other.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]