Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Working Over the weekend...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Working Over the weekend...
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 11:05:24 pm

It does indicate Apple's problematic situation.
Purchase decisions are often made near the end of the year due to taxes and budget allocations.

FCPX, which I believe is supposed to encourage Mac system purchases, doesn't.

I suspect we'll see a MacPro replacement around the time of the major FCPX update.

For a facility, that would mean waiting until some point in Q1 next year and they may end up making the same decision, losing the immediate tax advantage of making large purchases now.

That FCPX, in its current form, does not compel Mac system upgrades and that one doesn't even know what the next Mac systems will be are two blows to Apple. Even if one assumes the low MacPro sales relative to other Mac computers, there will be a "reverse halo" effect as mobile editors will be choosing Windows laptops to run their Windows NLEs on.

Although I certainly do like FCPX, it certainly is not yet facility worthy and, if one doesn't like the paradigm, there's no current compelling reason to stay with Apple when one can replace all the systems and write it off end of year taxes or budget allocations.

I do think Apple will weather the short term loss of sales though.

My own guess is that mass decisions will accelerate one way or another after the next FCPX and MacPro replacement release in Q1 2012.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]