Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple Insider says FCP 8 was DONE when they killed it? WOW.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Phil HoppesRe: Apple Insider says FCP 8 was DONE when they killed it? WOW.
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:51:10 pm

10 years ago and nothing has changed?

Hmm.... somehow I missed the 8Mb 1080p HD video I could shoot with my Motorola Flip Phone and Netscape must have had YouTube buried somewhere along with the thousands up thousands of people making videos and a means of communicating. I know... I must have been the only person using 56Kb dial up modems and everyone else had broadband. Along with everyone else must have been recording to dirt cheap 32Gb EE Flash drives while I was still using tape.

The only point I was trying to make is, I personally witnessed before, first hand, when a major shift in market and technology came together to radically change how I worked. I made the mistake of dismissing it completely that time and I was very wrong. I see a world today where people are making movies funded by donations collected on line (Iron Sky). Distribution of video and film content are shifting radically. FCPX is not quite the game changer in NLE as Verilog compilation was to making chips but at the 100,000 ft level, in just the 5 or so years I've been working in this field I think things have radically changed.

Like I said, I may be full of it but I would not be so quick to dismiss things simply because it's new. For example, for the life of me I don't understand the fascination with FB and Twitter, but I recognize that it is THE medium of choice for communication with the younger generation. I don't need it to support my customer base, but if I did, I'd be using it and using it a lot, whether I liked it or not.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]