Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Will Apple abandon pro-users all together?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris KennyRe: Will Apple abandon pro-users all together?
by on Nov 28, 2011 at 6:51:10 pm

[Frank Gothmann] "Sure it does. When a company repeatedly drops features and flexibility from its soft- and hardware in favour of what they think might one day become a standard then such company is a liability for any business and I won't play along. I want to decide what workflow and what hardware works best for my needs, I don't want or need Apple bullying me into this."

Apple has not yet canceled the Mac Pro, and by the time they do, there will be more Thunderbolt devices on the market.

[Frank Gothmann] "That statement doesn't make sense."

It does in the context of people talking about Apple "abandoning pro users altogether". That implies Apple selling only machines that pro users couldn't plausibly use to get their work done, not just machines that are a bit slower than what they could be offering (but still faster than what anyone was using to do that work a year or two earlier).

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]