Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Quick Poll. So what's your decision?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam WhiteRe: Quick Poll. So what's your decision?
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 6:30:16 pm

I'm sticking with FCP 7 until Premiere CS6 is released. I've been really impressed with some of the features + power of PP and I like the fact that it respects a more traditional editing paradigm and the fact that I feel like it just gets out of my way and lets me work how I want to.

I'm waiting for the new version of PP because A) FCP 7 still works great for now and B) I feel that CS6 will build on the progress made by Adobe the last couple years and I'm really optimistic its going to be a really good release.

In terms of FCP X, I find the lack of a source monitor offensive frankly, and for me its an instant deal breaker. So is the idiocy of not being able to have multiple sequences in a project/event/hoopla whatever the hell Apple have decided to call it now. And I just felt like it wants to hold my hand through the process which is not what I want from an NLE at all.

For me the issue with FCPX is not missing features but its whole design and way of working. I simply don't want to work the way X wants me too, so I'm not interested in it. The only way I can see myself sticking with FCP is if all those design decisions are reversed, which is never going to happen.

From the part of the industry I'm in (short form web content) I can't see FCPX being the NLE of choice for many. We should be it's ideal user - but we also respect and like working within the editing paradigm that X tossed aside.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]