Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX metadata--how significant is it? And why?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill DavisRe: FCPX metadata--how significant is it? And why?
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:46:54 pm

[Walter Soyka] "That said, reel ID metadata -- one of the most fundamental elements of video metadata which NLEs have been correctly tracking for decades -- is critical for interchange, and FCPX isn't quite where FCP7 was on this."

You are totally correct sir.

X after 100 days or so, is lacking in quite a few areas compared to Legacy after 10+ years of solid incremental development.

It's NO CONTEST, really.

And I'll admit that it's lacking in these same areas (and even more) compared to it's primary competitors.

So if those specific capabilities are someone's baseline deal breakers for choice and use criteria, an editor needs to look elsewhere right now.

I suspect, however, that the FCP-X benefit package (astonishing price/performance ratio, file based workflow integration honoring exceptionally robust metadata capabilities, and access to the planetary class engineering resources clearly enabled by being under the wing of the most economically successful company on earth) will help resolve these issues sooner rather than later.

I'm comfortable with this bet.

YMMV.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]