Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX metadata--how significant is it? And why?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: FCPX metadata--how significant is it? And why?
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:20:29 pm

[Chris Harlan] "No, not that much. I'm usually editing instead of data mining. "

Hmm

Well, I guess that pretty much negates everything I have said as my process has been reduced to data mining. Because I like to "data mine" by specifically searching for a clip that I need to edit, by text, instead of a double and single click fiasco, I am not editing or I am not an editor? Is that what you are implying here?

I don't get it.

Since you don't use the search function in FCP7 (which I don't blame you, it sucks), then really, you have nothing to compare X to.

For those of us who actually need to use the search function to edit, X is awesome, and metadata helps in the edit, especially when you know exactly what you're looking for and forgot where you left it.

It is up to you to use it how you see fit, or don't.

[Chris Harlan] "My projects can be fairly large since they can involve whole seasons with a variety of permutations."

Whole seasons of raw footage or whole seasons of finished shows? So 20 Quicktime Movies or 20 episodes worth of raw footage? In which scenario do you think a search function might come in handy?

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]