Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX metadata--how significant is it? And why?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: FCPX metadata--how significant is it? And why?
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 5:33:40 pm

[Bill Davis] "Which is all well and good.

FCP-X takes "Find Whatever" AND gives you a way to persistently group all the Whatevers together - and after you've done that, you can narrow that list down to only BLUE Whatevers, and make THAT persistent recallable data.

If you can't see how that might be more useful that being limited to "find whatever" then fine.

Your choice.
"

Why do you think I can't do "find whatever" in FCP 7? AND put them in a group? I'm getting the feeling that some folks here never used the more advanced functions of "find." You DO know that you can search keywords, don't you? And that you can label sub clips? And that you can combine all kinds of searchable metadata like "Linda," "MCU," "Blue," and "Whatevers?"

And that it would gather your search into a single bin? And that you could make a permanent copy of that bin with a couple of keystrokes?

I'm not trying to be obstinate here, but I'm just not seeing the magic.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]