Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: X Sports

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt TureckRe: X Sports
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 3:32:28 pm

Has anyone saying that X would be good for news actually used it for news?
Because I've been trying..and failing.
Here's my current workflow for a basic news story.

1)Take the reporter track and put it into Audio 1
2)Insert sounds bites
3)Cover black holes with video/audio
4)Play out (not export)finished story split track, with reporter track on audio 1, and all other audio mixed to audio 2.

Keep in mind we shoot and edit in dual channel mono.

So, let's picture doing this in X.
The reporter audio becomes the primary storyline, all b-roll has to be edited as connected clips or as a secondary storyline, which can cause complications.
Lack of dual mono workflow means I have to go into every clip in the inspector and choose which track to use, instead of just assigning it once or twice on the patch panel.
No way to play out in dual mono...again, I could go into each clip and pan left or right, but that would take lots of time.
And I'm leaving out the obvious stuff...lack of tape support, no broadcast monitoring, etc.
Keep in mind I've just started playing with it...I'd live to hear suggestions on improving my workflow.

Matt Tureck
Editor
CBS Evening News

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]