Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Portent of things to come - huge downloads

COW Forums : COW: The Community Speaks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Portent of things to come - huge downloads
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 9:41:45 pm

[walter biscardi] "You might be right on the VAR thing. They download it for their clients and then ship them on discs."

It's going to be a nightmare for bigger facilities too. Of course with a release like this I'd recommend doing one workstation which might be heavily used but on less demanding tests, to see how buggy the software is. Then they can stagger installs to their other seats.

I can imagine a VAR being able to setup some kind of "facility" account where they can do one download for a "facility" based iTunes account and then install from a disc on location.

The strange thing if there's any way to manage this through VARs they aren't talking and I can't see something like how such things are handled being served by an NDA at this. This really requires some advance facility management and scheduling.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]