Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: X Sports

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil PatienceRe: X Sports
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 7:23:08 pm

Just to add a different perspective to Tonys experience.

I edit sports in the UK very regularly. For terrestrial broadcasters like BBC and ITV, for sports like soccer, cricket, boxing, golf, the recent Commonwealth Games, the current Rugby World Cup.
I also regularly work for a company that provides soccer coverage to over 100 countries 5 days a week as far apart as Singapore and Canada.

Broadly tapeless editing (until it comes to archive for which there is still a massive library held on tapes.)

Without exception they use Avid, with Interplay and Unity linked to EVS and IP Director. For us FCP is far from the standard in that particular environment.

I do use FCP 7 on a weekly soccer show that is essentially cutting highlights, short packages of 2 or 3 mins. Clips are sent from IP director to FCP edited and then sent to EVS. It generally performs very well and is a pretty stable combination passing files back and forth.

Certainly in that scenario FCPX could be used quite well, however the current lack of any kind of meaningful monitoring rules it out.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]