Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: DaVinci Resolve 8.1 -- now with FCPXML roundtrip support

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon UbsdellRe: DaVinci Resolve 8.1 -- now with FCPXML roundtrip support
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:28:23 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I haven't played with iMovie much, no and it's not a rude question. My point about AE and PPro having similar interfaces still stands."

I'm afraid we're not going to get very much further with this conversation if you still think the similarities are of that order. The comparison doesn't really hold up at all. Please do go and have a proper look at iMovie and tell me if you still think the same way.

[Jeremy Garchow] "I hope you know, I am not denying what seems to be similar interfaces and methods, but that link that was sent by Steve Conor seems to point out some really major differences between the apps, including the timelines. They don't even look similar, I just took you at your word."

You've lost me here - I think Steve Connor's link pretty much nails the fact that they are fundamentally the same, but then I would think that ;-)

However my point is absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they "look" the same as this is a completely trivial point of comparison and I wouldn't object to you scoffing at it if it were the only piece of evidence.

The evidence is all in the details of the functionality - where the similarities are extreme to the point where it just doesn't make sense to try and separate them.

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]