Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: DaVinci Resolve 8.1 -- now with FCPXML roundtrip support

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: DaVinci Resolve 8.1 -- now with FCPXML roundtrip support
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 6:56:48 am

[David Lawrence] "[Jeremy Garchow] "I could say the same thing, but change few words:

I know the truth hurts but if Apple were honest, they would have not named their new NLE iMovie Pro, because that's really, truly what it's not. I mean, did they really think their most discerning, technically sophisticated users wouldn't notice?"

Why do you think it's not? Just curious. I mean look at all the empirical evidence.

Data structure - Events/projects, skimming, no source monitor, range selection, project = sequence, no tracks, ripple only, magnetic timeline behavior, collision avoidance, the precision editor, themes, the freaking Ken Burns effect! etc, etc, etc...

You're saying all of that was developed independently in a complete vacuum by the same lead developer. All new code all from scratch?

I don't think so.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
"

Not in a vacuum. Definitely not. I'm not a total doofus! I see the similarities visually, but that's all we can see.

I do think they are bringing parity to the system just like fce and fcp. My colleague's 12 years old kid was editing on iMovie, she brought home fcpx, and went right to work.

The things you mention might operate the same and look the same, but can you get iMovie to Resolve for instance?

Can Philip Hodgetts get iMovie to fcp7?

Are there 64 bit logic effects in iMovie?

I do think it was new code, yes.

And as I mentioned before, so what if it was iMovie pro? If it can do all I need including support my capture hardware, should I be ashamed or something? And if they'd wanted iMovie Pro, wouldn't they have just called it iMovie pro? As people seem to be bringing up a lot lately, Apple doesn't care about the ProApps money, so why is it even $299? Couldn't they sell many more copies @ 49.99? I'm just not buying the hype that fcpx = iMovie. It just doesn't add up to me, call me an optimist.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]